Posted on March 21 2013
One of our favorite things to do is bake. This is a recipe that we absolutely LOVE making! It’s such a delicious mixture of cinnamon and apples, it’s sure to please anyone’s taste buds! Make it for your next dinner party or even a picnic lunch, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser.
¾ c. flour
¼ c. brown sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ c. plus 2 tbs. granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1 c. oats
3 lbs. apples cut into ½ inch chunks
2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and 2 tbs. granulated sugar
3. Add butter and mix until clumps form
4. Put in freezer to chill
5. In another bowl, toss apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and ½ c. granulated sugar
6. Put apples into baking dish
7. Take the topping out of the freezer and add on top of apples
8. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until top is golden (we recommend knocking back a cold one or two while waiting …)
Congratulations Noel Dallison, you’re our Hump Day Giveaway winner! You’ve won a TumbleRoot “I”d Rather Be Shotgunning a Beer” tank top of your choice! What goes better with apple crisp than beer? Shoot us a message on our Facebook page, and we’ll get your shirt out to you in a jiffy!
Didn’t win this week? Check back next Wednesday for another giveaway! You could be our next lucky winner!